Dear colleagues, friends, members of the APG,
We hope this email finds you well. Below are some announcements of interest to those teaching and researching US politics.
- Panel on ‘The Rise and Fall of the Neoliberal Order’ at the British Academy in London on 20 June 2022 at 6.30 PM
You are invited to a panel discussion on Gary Gerstle’s new book, The Rise and Fall of the Neoliberal Order, at the British Academy in London on 20 June 2022 at 6.30 PM. A reception will follow the discussion.
Those of you who wish to attend are asked to register by clicking here
- Congrats to Andrew Rudalevige
Andy Rudalevige has been awarded the awarded the Richard E. Neustadt Prize for his book ‘By Executive Order’. Full information on the book can be found here.
This is the second time he has won Andrew has won this prize. A truly excellent achievement.
- Pandemics and the State, British Association for American Studies (BAAS) Conference, 4 July 2022–5 July 2022, 9:30am-5:30pm
Bringing together historians of medicine, American statecraft, and epidemic disease, this two-day conference will examine how U.S. state development has shaped the politics of public health and pandemic responses in the twentieth century. Papers will explore the intersections between contagious outbreaks and the carceral state, the politics of health reform, and U.S. imperialism, among other topics. We are excited to announce that Gary Gerstle (University of Cambridge) and Beatrix Hoffman (Northern Illinois University) will deliver keynote addresses.
- The European Association for American Studies Travel Grants
Postgraduate students in the Humanities and Social Sciences who are registered for a higher research degree at any European university, and are members of an American Studies association belonging to EAAS may apply.
- Mark FRIDAY 11th NOVEMBER on your calendar – the date of the 2022 APG Colloquium – just three days after this year’s Mid-Term elections.
We look forward to being able to get together again!
If you have any events or news to put in future newsletter, please send them to email@example.com
Thank you for your support